Pre Appointment Patient Information during Covid-19 Pandemic
The Dental Team at Goyt Valley Dental Practice have your best interests at heart. During the Covid-19 Pandemic we have been advised of significant changes in the way we practice to safeguard you and our staff during dental procedures.
We will need you to help us by following this advice and guidance
- So that we know when to expect you we will ask you to be waiting outside a designated new dental entrance to the building. There will be designated signage to this New Entrance/Exit. (This is the old fire exit) – PLEASE press the intercom to let us know you have arrived, the door will be Buzzed open for you, please close the door behind you and come upstairs to the waiting area
- Please wait outside the door at the time of the appointment and we will let you in, (try NOT to arrive too early as we cannot let you in until the time of the appt:) bring your mobile phone with you in case we need to call you prior to letting you in.
Please feel free to ask any questions – we understand that you may be anxious about the changes.
Our staff have been working very hard to make sure the visit is safe for everyone
Thank you for your understanding. We are very much looking forward to taking care of you again.
Attending your dental appointment:
- Please make sure you are well hydrated before you attend as we will be unable to offer you a drink
- Make sure you have used the bathroom before you attend as we are attempting to limit use of our public washroom facilities to reduce infection risks.
- Please wear your own face covering, until asked to remove it in the surgery
- Anyone over 11 also to wear a face covering
- Please attend the appointment ALONE unless a carer is a necessity (for children 1 parent or guardian is permitted). Please let us know prior to your appointment if you need to attend with a carer or think you may require additional assistance for any reason, and we will make all the necessary arrangements to help you. We can arrange an interpreter for you if this is required.
- Expect the member of staff to be wearing PPE who meets you. If you have hearing difficulties please ensure you are wearing your hearing device, for anyone profoundly deaf we will discuss your needs in the most suitable communication medium for you. We will make alternative arrangements if you think attending alone will be challenging for you / or require special assistance – please do let us know at the triage call prior to your appointment.
- The Dental Team Member will ask you to sanitise your hands when you enter the building. You may be asked to sanitise your hands after your appointment too.
- Avoid touching anything during your journey into the dental surgery. It’s unlikely you will be kept waiting for very long
- You will be required to pay for your treatment before going into the surgery, this must be by contactless card or if paying cash please bring the exact amount of cash in a clear sealed bag as we do not have any change.
- If you are exempt and do not pay for dental treatment, please bring updated evidence of this to the appointment
- After your appointment you will be instructed by a Reception dental team member back out of the building
- Follow up appointments, any further payments or paper work will be arranged by Reception staff
- If you develop ‘ANY COVID’ symptoms or feel unwell, please phone the Practice – DO NOT ATTEND until you have spoken to a member of staff on the phone